Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Chanel - out of the box, experience

This post is dedicated to all my female friends who understand and appreciate the thrill of FINALLY owning a classic Chanel hand bag.  My visit to Paris recently was not only to soak in the French beauty and be inspired by the art de vivre of this amazing city, but to also take back home some of that inspiration, so that I may breathe life back into a personal project, long forgotten.

And I did just that, and in the process, not only found unabashed joy in the pastries, wines, the steak tartares, museums, and the countless cafes, but also in the way Parisian people carry themselves, not to mention the grace in every corner and crevice of every ornate building in what is, IMHO, the most beautiful city in the world.

Incredibly, my moment of reckoning with the French's style and artistic influence on the world was never greater than that first moment when I walked across the hallowed turf of THE Chanel store on Rue Cambon, where Coco Chanel herself used to live in an apartment above.  My mission - to purchase and own my first ever Chanel bag.

Et voila!  One beautifully made, jumbo size, black, with gold chains bag later, and it seems like a life long love affair has been born.

Notably, the service at this store was first rate, but the wrapping of my purchase was something else altogether inspiring! Here now, is a photo by photo look of the Chanel bag in an "out of the box" (and an out of this world) experience.

To my friends who care... Enjoy babes, this one is written for you!! ;)





10 comments:

  1. I read many times, still cannot understand how it feel ..but the box is indeed nice :-)

    yeehwee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just save you... you can afford it:) Put a little something a way after each pay cheque. Took me a while but it was worth it. If you want something enough... now I am saving up for camera lens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. which lens are you saving for? Have you decided the body? happy shooting
    Your composition is great! Each photo tells a story, next is to improve the tech part, and you are on your way to be a pro ;-)

    yeehwee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tossing up bw 50D or 7D. Think the 7D is better investment what do u think? And a 100mm macro, the one you recom actually. Problem w 7D is that it is too heavy so my pics are not near as "tack sharp" as I want. My composition is ok I guess I know what I want in a frame, but yeah need to learn tech skills.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You beat me to it! :)
    - YML

    ReplyDelete
  6. So now u not only have a Chanel bag but also the original white Chanel paper bag!

    LM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photos on your blog! Cant wait to hear all abt your trip! =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's beautiful M! thanks for sharing - Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  9. you now have a photography blog?? awesome! love reading your posts babe. - CL

    ReplyDelete